Alteril as a sleep aid may be just what the doctor ordered. This product is an all-natural alternative to improving quality of sleep. The company calls the product a premium grade sleep aid. It promises the product does not have any unwanted side effects.
What to Know about Alteril as a Sleep Aid
Alteril contains L-Trytophan and melatonin, as primary ingredients.
- L-Trytophan: L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid. All plants and animal proteins contain this amino acid in them. When consumed, it is absorbed into the body and then converted to the neurotransmitter serotonin.
- Melatonin: The other primary ingredient in Alteril is melatonin, a powerful, naturally occurring hormone. It comes from serotonin and helps to stimulate sleep. Doctors and herbalists have used melatonin as a sleep aid for years.
Both of these ingredients are typically safe to use, under normal conditions. People have used them for years as a way of promoting sleep. Not only does Alteril promote sleep, but is also improves the quality of sleep obtained. The product promises to help individuals to ease into sleep gently, to allow the individual to fall asleep when they want to. In addition, Alteril also contains valerian, chamomile, lemon balm, I-Theanine, passionflower and hops. It does contain only natural ingredients. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, avoid taking Alteril.
How Alteril Works
With L-tryptophan and melatonin in it, Alteril is a natural, sleep inducing product. It also contains valerian, which has popularity to be a calming herb. The combination of all three helps to relax the mind and body so that you can drift off into sleep comfortably. Alteril is a pill sleep aid. The product is available over the counter as no prescription is necessary.
There are several benefits to taking Alteril over any type of prescription or other over the counter medication for sleep. Specifically, the company states the following reasons why this product is a better sleep aid.
- The product does not produce any morning hangover symptoms.
- Alteril does not interact with alcohol. Although alcohol should not be a component since it is a stimulant, Alteril will not worsen impairment when consumed alongside or after alcohol.
- Individuals will wake refreshed and without any morning physical performance or concentration difficulties.
- It does not contain diphenhydramine. This ingredient is common in cold medications and is what makes you sleepy when taking those products. Diphenhydramine is also in many over the counter sleep aids.
- You will still be able to dream when taking Alteril.
Who Should Take Alteril
After ensuring there are no potential allergic reactions to the ingredients in Alteril, it can be effective for a wide range of people. Specifically, Alteril is able to shorten the amount of time it takes to fall asleep. In addition, those who wake easily and do not get prolonged deep sleep may benefit from taking Alteril. The product may help improve the quality of sleep obtained consistently. In many cases, it also helps to reduce the number of times people wake during the night.
Obtaining and Using Alteril
Those using Alteril as a sleep aid may purchase it online directly at the Alteril website. Only adults should use Alteril. Take one or two capsules about one hour prior to your desired time to fall asleep. You should not drive or operate machinery after consuming the capsule. Pregnant women or those nursing should not use Alteril without first taking to your doctor about doing so.
You will not need a prescription to get Alteril, but you should still talk to your doctor about this product before consuming it, especially on a daily basis. It does not treat the underlying condition causing insomnia or other sleep programs. Address those problems with your family care provider or specialist.
A sleep study may be necessary to determine why you are struggling with sleeping. The FDA has not approved the use of Alteril since it is not a medicinal treatment.